Monday, September 01, 2008

Caption: From right - Dorah (Brazil), Jirka (Czech Republic), Darasa (Ethiopia) and me (PNG) at Jilin University in China (PRC). One of our memorable time that will go down in our individual histories. Some universities around the world enrol students from all over the world and that provides their students with opportunities to live, study and interact together freely. That opens up the door for international students to know other countries and people's cultures very well and enables students to be true global citizens.

Vanuatu Daily Post Publishes My Articles


The Daily Post English newspaper in Port Vila, Vanuatu, is currently publishing my weekly column every Saturdays. My column, "Asia Pacific Perspective: China +" attempts to reach all the island countries so they can learn from China. This is a personal initiative with no funding and support by any organisation or individuals. I am currently writing for three newspapers, with my column, "Asia Pacific Perspective: China +" for Sunday Chronicle newspaper in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea published every Sunday, Island Sun newspaper in Honiara, Solomon Islands and Daily Post newspaper in Port Vila in Vanuatu every Saturday. I am striving to reach out to other island countries sooner.


Mathew Yakai